Introduction Bernard Hoekman
PART I DETERMINANTS AND PATTERNS OF TRADE IN SERVICES
1. Joseph F. Francois and Kenneth A. Reinert (1996), ‘The Role of Services in the Structure of Production and Trade: Stylized Facts from a Cross-Country Analysis'
2. André Sapir (1993), ‘The Structure of Services in Europe: A Conceptual Framework'
3. Joseph F. Francois (1990), ‘Producer Services, Scale, and the Division of Labor'
4. Richard H. Snape (1990), 'Principles in Trade in Services'
5. Brian Hindley (1990), ‘Principles in Factor-related Trade in Services'
6. Alan Deardoff (1985), ‘Comparative Advantage and International Trade and Investment in Services'
7. Jagdish Bhagwati, Arvind Panagariya and T.N. Srinivasan (2004), ‘The Muddles over Outsourcing'
8. J.J. Boddewyn, Marsha Baldwin Halbrich and A.C. Perry (1986), ‘Service Multinationals: Conceptualization, Measurement and Theory'
9. James R. Markusen (2005), ‘Modeling the Offshoring of White-Collar Services: From Comparative Advantage to the New Theories of Trade and Foreign Direct Investment'
10. Obie G. Whichard (2000), ‘Measurement and Classification of Service Sector Activity: Data Needs for GATS 2000'
11. Robert E. Baldwin and Fukunari Kimura (1998), ‘Measuring U.S. International Goods and Services Transactions'
12. Jack E. Triplett and Barry P. Bosworth (2000), ‘Productivity in the Services Sector'
13. Karel Havik, Kieran McMorrow, Werner Röger and Alessandro Turrini (2008), ‘The EU-US Total Factor Productivity Gap: An Industry Perspective'
PART II SERVICES POLICIES, TRADE AND WELFARE
14. Tony Warren and Christopher Findlay (2000), ‘Measuring Impediments to Trade in Services'
15. Philippa Dee, Kevin Hanslow and Tien Phamduc (2003), ‘Measuring the Cost of Barriers to Trade in Services'
16. J. Bradford Jensen and Lori G. Kletzer (2005), ‘Tradable Services: Understanding the Scope and Impact of Services Offshoring'
17. Denise Eby Konan and Keith E. Maskus (2006), ‘Quantifying the Impact of Services Liberalization in a Developing Country'
18. Thomas Rutherford, David Tarr and Oleksandr Shepotylo (2005), ‘The Impact on Russia of WTO Accession and the DDA: The Importance of Liberalization of Barriers against FDI in Services for Growth and Poverty Reduction'
19. Henk Kox and Arjan Lejour (2006), ‘The Effects of the Services Directive on Intra-EU Trade and FDI'
20. Felix Eschenbach and Bernard Hoekman (2006), ‘Services Policy Reform and Economic Growth in Transition Economies'
21. Alan V. Deardorff (2001), ‘International Provision of Trade Services, Trade, and Fragmentation'
22. David Hummels (2007), ‘Transportation Costs and International Trade in the Second Era of Globalization'
23. Joseph Francois and Ian Wooton (2001), ‘Market Structure, Trade Liberalization and the GATS'
24. James Hodge (2002), ‘Liberalization of Trade in Services in Developing Countries'
25. Stijn Claessens, Asli Demirgüç-Kunt and Harry Huizinga (2001), ‘How Does Foreign Entry Affect Domestic Banking Markets?'
26. Joseph F. Francois and Ian Wooton (2001), ‘Trade in International Transport Services: The Role of Competition'
27. Carsten Fink, Aaditya Mattoo and Ileana Cristina Neagu (2002), ‘Trade in International Maritime Services: How Much Does Policy Matter?'
28. Yoon Je Cho (1988), ‘Some Policy Lessons from the Opening of the Korean Insurance Market'
29. Terrie L. Walmsley and L. Alan Winters (2005), ‘Relaxing the Restrictions on the Temporary Movement of Natural Persons: A Simulation Analysis'
An introduction to both volumes by the editor appears in Volume I
PART I THE GATS: GENESIS AND STATE OF PLAY
1. William J. Drake and Kalypso Nicolaïdis (1992), ‘Ideas, Interests, and Institutionalization: “Trade in Services” and the Uruguay Round'
2. Bernard Hoekman (1996), ‘Assessing the General Agreement on Trade in Services'
3. Rudolf Adlung and Martin Roy (2005), ‘Turning Hills into Mountains? Current Commitments Under the General Agreement on Trade in Services and Prospects for Change'
4. Batshur Gootiiz and Aaditya Mattoo (2009), ‘Services in Doha: What's on the Table?'
5. Bernard Hoekman (2008), ‘The General Agreement on Trade in Services: Doomed to Fail? Does it Matter?'
6. Aaditya Mattoo (2003), ‘China's Accession to the WTO: The Services Dimension'
7. Felix Eschenbach and Bernard Hoekman (2006), ‘Services Policies in Transition Economies: On the EU and WTO as Commitment Mechanisms'
8. Rudolf Adlung (2006), ‘Public Services and the GATS'
9. Peter C. Evans (2003), ‘Strengthening WTO Member Commitments in Energy Services: Problems and Prospects'
10. Claude Trolliet and John Hegarty (2003), ‘Regulatory Reform and Trade Liberalization in Accountancy Services'
11. Damien J. Neven and Petros C. Mavroidis (2006), ‘El Mess in TELMEX: A Comment on Mexico - Measures Affecting Telecommunications Services'
12. Joost Pauwelyn (2005), ‘Rien ne va plus? Distinguishing Domestic Regulation from Market Access in GATT and GATS'
13. Alejandro Jara and M. del Carmen Domínguez (2006), ‘Liberalization of Trade in Services and Trade Negotiations'
14. Aaditya Mattoo (2005), ‘Services in a Development Round: Three Goals and Three Proposal'
15. Pierre Sauvé (2002), ‘Completing the GATS Framework: Safeguards, Subsidies and Government Procurement'
PART II SERVICES IN REGIONAL INTEGRATION AGREEMENTS
16. Aaditya Mattoo and Carsten Fink (2004), ‘Regional Agreements and Trade in Services: Policy Issues'
17. Martin Roy, Juan Marchetti and Hoe Lim (2007), ‘Services Liberalization in the New Generation of Preferential Trade Agreements (PTAs): How Much Further than the GATS?'
18. Carsten Fink and Marion Jansen (2009), ‘Services Provisions in Regional Trade Agreements: Stumbling Blocks or Building Blocks for Multilateral Liberalization?'
19. Mario Marconini (2009), Revisiting Regional Trade Agreements and Their Impact on Services Trade